Why to Choose France as Study Destination
France is one of Europe's largest countries. It is bordered by six other nations: Germany, Belgium, and Luxembourg to the northeast, Switzerland, and Italy to the southeast, and Spain to the southwest. The country is considered to be the gateway to Europe as there are several international airports. The country is sometimes referred to as the ‘I’ hexagon due to its six-sided shape. Paris is the capital of France, named for its fashion houses, classical art museums including the Louvre, and monuments like the Eiffel tower.
France is divided into eighteen administrative regions of which thirteen are located in metropolitan France while the other five are overseas regions. All of the thirteen metropolitan regions are further subdivided into two to thirteen administrative departments.
List of administrative regions:
- Lower Normandy
- Nord-pas de-Calais
- Pays de la Loire
- Potion Charente’s
- Upper Normandy
France's weather and climate are temperate with mild winters and summers however due to its continental, coastal, mountainous, and even Mediterranean regions.
Seasons in France:
- Spring: march-may
- Summer: June-august
- Autumn: September-December
- Winter: January- February.
The euro is the currency of France.
Indian conversion: 1 euro= 88.76 INR.
France is one of the most popular destinations for international students. The country provides a great multicultural study experience. The choice of school, programs, and locations are unlimited in France. It has an affordable and quality education. It has great emphasis on research and development.
Students can apply for a post-study work visa after they complete the study. There are plenty of courses in France for Indian students.
- Art and design
- Institute superior d`électronique de Paris (ISEP), Paris
- SKEMA Business School, Paris
- NEOMA Business School, Rouen
- Rennes School of Business, Rennes
- Esigelec Graduate School of Engineering, Rouen
France education system consists of three stages:
- Primary Education: formal schooling in France starts as early as age three. It consists of five years of study from age of six to age eleven.
- Secondary Education: After primary school, students move to secondary school, which is divided into two stages. The first stage is college composed of four years of study for students ages eleven through fifteen.
- After college students attend the lycee for the final year of secondary education.
- Higher Education: After lycee, students choose to pursue either a vocational diploma or an academic diploma.
France is an advanced and industrialized country and has the third-largest economy in Europe, with a GDP of 4 2.8 trillion. France has the sixth-largest economy in the world. several industries are major contributors to the economy, including energy, manufacturing, tourism, agriculture, technology, and transport.
The industries in France:
- Banking and insurance
- Food and drugstores
- Luxury goods, fashion, and cosmetics
- Internet and telecommunications
- Media and entertainment
Types of visa in France:
The “F” visa is for academic studies. An F1 visa is issued to students who are attending an English language program.
A j1 visa is issued to students who need to obtain practical training that is not available in their home country to complete their academic program.
An M1 visa is issued to a student who is going to attend a non-academic or vocational school.
Study in France With Uniglobe
Choosing an ideal place to study abroad is a big decision for students. France is a country with rich culture, architecture, and thriving student life. Due to its affordable study cost, students choose France as the best study destination.
Career opportunities are immense for students when it comes to studying in France for Indian students. France is well known for its high level of technological development and reputation in the education system.
The cost of studying in France at public universities varies depending on the type of course and university. The average study cost is around 170 EUR per year. France is the third most innovative country in the world.
Study in Paris provides a wide range of subjects for students, including business studies, economics & management, engineering science, biology, chemistry, physics, computer science, mathematics, and medicine.
The education system in France has three stages:
- Primary education: Formal schooling in France starts at three years, and daycare is available for two. Primary school consists of five years of study, from the age of six to eleven.
- Secondary education: After primary schooling, the students move to secondary. The first stage is college, consisting of four years of study, from eleven to fifteen. After college, the students attend lychee for the final three years of secondary education.
- Higher education: After lycee, students choose to attend either a vocational diploma or an academic diploma.
A Diploma in Universities (DU) is a French university degree in contrast to bachelor degrees, masters, or doctoral degrees. Each university handles a specific DU – 1 to 3 months training over the weekend for 2 or 3 years.
There are no “Doctoral programs” in France that enable students to do a doctorate in a particular field. To have a doctorate, the students must have a Master’s degree or equivalent year of masters’ students should start for Doctorate. The Embassy of France in India, the Department of Science and Technology (DST) of the government of India, and the Ministry for Europe and foreign affairs, and the Government of France awards the Ramana Charpak Fellowship. It provides Indian and French students opportunities to carry out their research work in a University/ research and development institute based in India or France.
PhD programs in France:
- PhD in mathematics
- PhD’s in science and engineering
MBA in France is a 2-year full-time MBA program pursued by Indian students. MBA abroad admissions depend on GMAT scores and romance in proficiency tests TOEFL AND IELTS. France higher education is ranked amongst the top in the world for its quality. Business schools in France provide Internationally accredited MBA programs where students can establish their network of European opportunities.
The top business schools in France are:
- HES Paris
- INSEAD business school
- EDHEC business school
- Montpellier Business School
- The American business school of Paris
- ESCP business school
- Grenoble Ecole DE management
- Skema business school
- KEDGE business school
- ESC PAU business school
- EM Strasbourg business school
- Toulouse business school- TBS
Paris Sciences et Lettres University is the best university in France for international students. It is a merger of five institutions, including a normal school, an engineering institute and an observatory.
The best universities in France for international students:
- Skema business school, Paris
- NEOMA business school, Rouen
- Burgundy School of Business, Dijon
- Rennes School of Business, Rennes
- Excelia group, Rochelle
- ESIGELEC, Rouen
- EM Normandie business school, Paris.
The standard of engineering curriculum in French engineering schools includes rigorous theoretical training in scientific concepts and practical training in engineering principles. The “Commission des Titers d’Ingenieur” (CTI) is the French engineering accrediting organization that regulates the standard of engineering education in France. The engineering degree in France is five years.
This five-year French engineering degree is known as Diploma d’Ingenieur and is equivalent to the European “Master’s degree” and the “Master of Science in Engineering “in the USA.
The top engineering universities in France are:
- Grenoble institute of technology
- Sorbonne university de Lorraine
- University de Lille
- MINES Paris Tech
- University of Montpellier
- University Paul Sabatier
- ESEE Paris
We at UniGlobe overseas consultants guide students in choosing the best study destination to pursue their higher education. We also provide various services such as counselling, bank loan, documentation, visa process, airline ticket booking, living cost and fee structure of universities they wish to study. We also provide IT and NON-IT placements services.